These cookies are truly fantastic, and legend has it that if everyone had one of these cookies every day we could ensure planetary happiness ;o) So I'm happy to do my part....
I found this recipe via my newest blog follower. She posted the recipe on her blog along with a great post I encourage you to read here. I encourage everyone to share these cookies or another sweet with someone who needs a little peace in their life....Happy Baking!!
World Peace Cookies
::Prep Time:: 10 minutes
::Chill Time:: At least 2 hours
::Yields:: 28 cookies
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth, beat in sugars, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Add flour to butter and sugar until mixed.
- Mix in chocolate. Note :: Dough will be crumbly.
- Knead dough into ball and divide in half. Place each half on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into equal logs about 1.5 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Note :: dough can be kept in fridge up to 3 days or frozen up to 2 months.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a thin sharp knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch slices. Space cookies one each apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes until cookies appear dry.
- Cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.