Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stay Calm and Bake On!

New year--no time to stop!  January has been such a fun month and it's time to catch up on the cake-happenings.

First of all, how cute is this little bug?!? 

Miss Evelyn May
Miss Evelyn May turned one this year and I had the honor of making her very first birthday cake.  While I think the picture above is way cuter than the actual cake--this is what the cake looked like before:


This is one of my all time favorite cakes.  Pink and brown are some of my favorite colors and strawberry is one of my favorite flavors.  Couldn't ask for a better combo.


Next up are pea-pod cupcakes for a twin baby shower.  I helped a friend with these and I think they turned out great!  The strawberry and blueberry cake she made (one boy/one girl) was AMAZING!  I am going to be using those recipes for some cakes in February.




Next up are some quick carrot cake cupcakes for a sweet friend's birthday.  <3 them:


Miss Whitney

And we're down to the final two! I love getting requests for unique cakes.  Sometimes I really have to think about how to make an idea come together.  Perfect example, "Hey! Can you make me a rhino cake that incorporates Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?"

Sure!

Black Belt Rhino

Or how about, "Hey! Can you make me a baby shower cake that is green, blue, and cream with plaid, buttons, and a dinosaur?"

Sure!


That pretty much sums up the month of January!  Lots of wonderful things are on the books for February so keep a lookout.  And as always....

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment