Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 22 :: Fondaments!

What are fondaments you ask?  Well it's a new term made up by accident to describe this week's sweet.  This week was a very special week as it was my sweetheart's birthday!  He is quite a fan of his iPhone and iPad so that's the theme I went for.  After some researching I came up with this as my final design....


And fondaments were born.  Fondaments: pre-made fondant decorations that are attached later when needed.  I was puzzled as to how to make this because I had a little time every evening over the past week but not one single night where I could sit down and make the perfect cake. So, I made the fondaments in advance and the day of I made his favorite brownies and stuck the decorations on with a little bit of chocolate frosting.  Parfait!

I have a set of Wilton tools that came in SO handy with this project.  I use them with every cake but I think I used every tool with these decorations.  I highly recommend getting this set, or one like it, for even the most beginning cake decorator. 

Happy baking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Heather!! You are so great at all this. So creative! I wanna be you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily--Thank you! You are too sweet! I have had a lot of mess ups along the way so I think I have more practice than tallent! If you haven't tried decorating you should--you may surprise yourself :)

    ReplyDelete