Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 20 :: Camo-dream Graduation Cake!

Another special request!  A friend asked for a cake for her nephew's high school graduation this week and I know how special nephews are.  This was a super busy week so I didn't get to do as much detail as I would have liked to, but it still turned out great and got great reviews!


I had to "wing-it" when it came to making the camo fondant, and there was no going back once I started but it worked!  First, I colored fondant black, brown, and hunter green.  Then I pulled each color apart and rolled them into smaller balls about the size of golf balls (no need to be exact) and flattened them out.  I mixed the colors up and grouped them together in the middle of my mat.  I put the top on, rolled them out, and ta-da!  Here ya go:



Happy baking!

1 comment: