Friday, July 1, 2011

Week 24 :: Golf, baseball, beer, the beach and country music....


Phew!  What a combination.  I had a request in the office to make a cake for a colleague that has somehow yet to try my cake.  I really enjoy tailoring my cakes to fit the personality of the person they are going to, so I asked what he liked.  Well....he likes golf, not working, vacationing, and hockey.....and the beach.....and beer.....and the Yankees.  Ummm.....well I'm glad this guys likes so much--I mean that's great!  But how I am supposed to make a cake that reflects all of that?!?!  After thinking about it for hours I came up with the idea to make three small cakes, each with their own theme--and here are the finished products!

Close-up of the Yankees cake:


Close-up of "Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand..."


Close-up of buzzed golfer cake:


Happy Baking--and be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment