Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 26 :: Cupcake-cake!


It's Week 26 and I'm halfway there!  I'm starting to think that 52 Weeks of Sweets might last longer than 52 weeks...No problem though--I. Absolutely. Love. Baking. And this week was no exception.

I was asked to make a cake for a 5-year-old's cupcake themed birthday party.  I got a lot of direction from the mom and the cake turned out great--one of my favorites.  It's a white cake with plain buttercream icing, the birthday cake combo--one of my favorites.  To make the top cupcake tier I used Casabella Jumbo Silicone baking cups.  There is no need for a pan, just place on a baking sheet and go!  They bake evenly, cool quickly, and pop out easily without greasing the cups.  A great find I think.

When I delivered the cake I saw the adorable set-up the mom had created for the party, including personalized aprons(which you can see in the mirror in the picture below) for the little guests.  You can (and should) check her out here.  I think 52 Weeks of Sweets aprons may be in the near future!


I just adore the whole get-up for the party!  I am certain the birthday girl had a blast!



Another week down!  Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment